A cab will transfer the group to the town of Tezpur. It is a 6-7 hour drive from the airport. We are staying at a beautiful camp property.
Dirang is about 200 kms from Tezpur, it is a beautiful route with many waterfalls and streams on the way.
Not well known to the outside world, Sangti Valley is one of Arunachal’s secret treasures.
To reach Tawang we cross Sela Pass, at 13700 feet above sea level. Sela Pass is snowed in almost all through the year. Close at hand is the beautiful Paradise Lake. The region has about 101 lakes, all sacred to the Buddhists. We also pass by the stunning Jung Falls.
Today, we are spending the day in Tawang. Tawang is a sacred place for the Buddhists as it is the birthplace of the 6th Dalai Lama.
The Bum La Pass is one of the most offbeat passes in the world, and makes for a great day of visiting. At 15200 feet above sea level, it is almost permanently under snow cover and can be visited depending on the day’s weather.
Next, we visit the pretty Sangestar Lake.
We now head southwards to Bomdila, a pretty hill station with apple orchids, monasteries and numerous trekking trails.
Tour ends today, sadly. A cab will transfer us to Guwahati airport and from there we go back to our respective cities.
Trip Cost Includes:
- All accommodation on twin sharing basis in 3 star hotels
- Daily breakfasts
- All transfers & transport from Guwahati to Arunachal Pradesh and back
- Airport Transfers to hotels and back
- Tawang Inline Permits
- All sightseeing including Sela Pass, Bum La Pass, Jung Falls, Tawang
- Monastery, Sangti Valley, and Sangetsar Lake
- Bum La Pass Inline Permit
- Entrance tickets at Tawang Monastery and Bomdila Monastery
- Government taxes and service charges except tips for tour guides and drivers
- This Guy Trip Leader who will be with the group throughout the trip
Trip Cost Excludes:
- Flight tickets to and from Guwahati
- Personal Expenses: Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry,
- drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing which are not
- included in the tour itinerary.
- Meals: Lunches and dinners aren’t part of the cost inclusions
- Any other thing not included in the itinerary
- 45 days before the trip start date: 75% refund
- Between 45 and 21 days of trip start date: 50% refund
- Between 21 and 14 days of trip start date: 25% refund
- In last 14 days before trip start date: no refund