Yelloz! Upon your arrival at the airport, a cab will transfer the group to Phuentsholing – the Bhutan border town, 3.5 hours away from Bagdogra.
The drive to Thimpu is long, but it is very beautiful. We pass through the pretty mountainside, by streams. Enroute we stop at waterfalls.
We'll first go to Golden Buddha Point then the Takin sanctuary. We then head to the head post office of Thimpu. We'll go to the beautiful Tashichho Dzong, overlooking the palace, and spend the later part of the evening in the bustling Thimpu market area.
After breakfast, we make our way to Dochula Pass, an hour from Thimpu. Later, we head to Paro. The route is beautiful, and as soon as you reach this village town, it’s almost as if you have been transported back in time.
We will hike up to Tiger Nest Monastery. This day is easily the highlight of the trip.
Today, after breakfast, we shall go to Chele La Pass, one of Bhutan's highest passes at 3880 odd metres above sea level (13,000 odd feet). We can walk over to the cliffs, and go sit on a rock from where you get a most magnificent view of the valleys.
In the evening, we head for a real fun activity – archery!
We head to Paro Dzong, sitting prettily on a hillock, looking over the entire town.
We leave for the airport at Bagdogra, and go back to our home cities.
Trip Cost Includes:
- • All accommodation in 3 star properties/resorts on twin sharing basis
- • Airport Transfers
- • All transport within Bhutan by Minibus for seven nights
- • Tiger Nest Trek
- • All permits
- • Entrance fees to all scenic spots listed in the itinerary ; takin zoo, Thimpu Dzong, Paro
- Dzong, Tiger Nest’s Monastery
- • Fees for archery (fees for costume is extra and to be borne by individual themselves)
- • Government taxes and service charges except tips for tour guides and drivers
- • All Breakfast meals
Trip Cost Excludes:
- • Lunches and dinners
- • Shopping, traditional Bhutanese costume cost, personal expenses of any sort
- • Flight tickets to Bagdogra and back to home city
- 30 days before the trip start date: full refund
- Between 30 and 21 days of trip start date: 50% refund
- Between 21 and 14 days of trip start date: 25% refund
- In last 14 days before trip start date: no refund