Glad you booked our Tirthan Valley Feb 2020 trip and we hope you are mighty excited. Thought we’d share a list of things to keep in mind, and carry for the trip.
1. Clothes: Carry warm jackets, thick sweaters, thermals. It will be around 10-12 degrees during the day and can dip to as low as 2-3 degrees at night. Layering yourselves well is the key to dressing in the mountains. Wear an inner thermal layer that’ll keep the body warm. A top or a tshirt above that. A sweater to keep out the wind above the tshirt and then a jacket/windcheater above the sweater to not let any breeze hit your chest.
2. Carry scarves, mufflers to cover the ears, and gloves, and woolen socks to protect all exposed areas.
3. Carry a good pair of hiking/trekking shoes for your walks, hikes.
4. At high altitudes there is a higher chance of a sunburn so carry lots of sunscreen, lip balm, moisturizers, sunglasses, caps and hats.
5. We are trying our bit to make the planet a better place so we do not encourage people carrying or buying plastic bottles. It will be nice if you can each get your own bottle, and we can keep filling it up wherever we stay or visit.
6. We are traveling to and fro from Tirthan Valley by a Volvo bus. We will be sharing the pick-up point and time very soon over whatsapp. The bus will provide a blanket but if you want to carry a personal blanket, please do so.
7. Feel free to carry speakers, frisbee, ball, uno cards, playing cards for your own entertainment!
8. Girls, we would recommend you carry sanitary pads/tampons considering how many women have irregular period cycles during travel.