Joining us our trip to the beautiful and snowy Manali? We’re mighty excited to have you along!
1. Covid-19 RT PCR negative certificate: As mentioned before, each individual joining us for this trip will have to undergo a Covid-19 RT PCR test. The negative result of the test, dated not earlier than 72 hours before the trip start date (i.e. 15th December), shall have to be carried along for the trip (Digital Copy). We recommend booking a slot and confirming with your local lab in advance about how long they’d take. This report has to be emailed to us asap on [email protected] It’s a must, and no one will be allowed to join the trip if they have not submitted the certificate.
2. Double Vaccination Certificates: In case you have had both doses of your vaccine, you can send that to us and will not need to send across a covid negative test result. However, if you have had only one vaccine dose then you will still have to get the covid test done for the safety of the entire group and this is compulsory. Kindly, email these double vaccination certificates to us at the earliest in case you haven’t sent them across already.
3.Carry a Covid Preventive Kit: A personal sanitizer, face masks and gloves. Do carry a small first aid kit. I will be carrying a first aid kit myself, but it helps if you are carrying one too. It is also advisable to invest in a PPE kit if you are taking a flight. A surface disinfectant is recommended too.
While we eagerly look forward to our fun in the snow and snowball fights, its also important to be well prepared to keep ourselves absolutely warm for our winter trip.
Temperatures are going to range from 7 to 10 degrees during the day and will dip to as low as – 3 to -5 degrees at nights.
Here is a winter check list and how to be well prepared for the trip:
1) Wear layers. It’s always better than wearing one thick jacket. Please make sure you get a couple of thermals (both lower and upper). These will serve as your innermost layers. Sweaters that will serve as the middle layer. Carry minimum 2-3 for the trip, more if you want to be fashionable 😉 Waterproof/windproof down/fleece jackets that will serve as the outer shell to protect from cold winds.
2) Winter caps to cover your ears, and scarves to cover the neck
3) Gloves and lots of woollen socks.
4) Chapstick, sunscreen lotion and sunglasses
The above four points are musts for the trip. Also sharing some things to carry that aren’t musts but will help you out on the trip if you carry them
5) Shawls – These will help you stay warm, especially when we are travelling in the minibus
6) We are trying our bit to make the planet a better place so we do not encourage people carrying or buying plastic bottles. It will be nice if you can each get your own bottle, and we can keep filling it up wherever we stay or visit.
7) Girls, we would recommend you carry sanitary pads/tampons considering how many women have irregular period cycles during travel.
8) Get any games you want to such as playing cards, Uno cards, balls, Frisbee.
9) If anyone has a pair of speakers, please get them. Will be fun to play music in the bus and in the rooms when we are partying.
Note: As mentioned time and again, weather will play a role in this trip. As of now, we predict that things will go perfectly, but in case weather holds us up somewhere or some of the sights get closed down, we expect you to understand that the same. We shall go to the mountains and tackle whatever comes our way with a smile.
Kindly, email your OHOT waiver form in time too. This form is mandatory to join the trip.
Any other queries, feel free to reach out. See you soon! 🙂