Glad you’re joining us for the Ladakh September trip! Here are a few things you need to keep in mind (and in your bags) for the trip.
1. Covid-19 negative certificate: As mentioned before, each individual joining us for this trip will have to undergo a Covid-19 test. The negative result of the test, dated not earlier than 72 hours before the day of arrival in Leh, shall have to be carried along for the trip. This report has to be emailed to us on [email protected] It’s a must, and no one will be allowed to join the trip if they have not submitted the certificate.
2. Carry a Covid Preventive Kit: A personal sanitizer, face masks and gloves. Do carry a small first aid kit. I will be carrying a first aid kit myself, but it helps if you are carrying one too. It is also advisable to invest in a PPE kit if you are taking a flight. A surface disinfectant is recommended too.
Temperatures are going to range from 12-15 degrees during the day and will dip to as low as 3-4 degrees at night. Nights at Pangong lake can be quite windy.
Here is a check list and how to be well prepared for the trip!
1) Wear layers. It’s always better than wearing one thick jacket.
Please make sure you get a couple of thermals (both lower and upper). These will serve as your innermost layers.
Sweaters that will serve as the middle layer. Carry minimum 2-3 for the trip, more if you want to be fashionable
Waterproof/windproof down/fleece jackets that will serve as the outer shell to protect from cold winds.
Note: Weather in Ladakh can get warm during the days so carry comfortable tees, dresses, pants too.
2) Winter caps to cover your ears, and scarves to cover the neck.
3) Waterproof Gloves and woolen/cotton socks.
4) Chapstick, sunscreen lotion and sunglasses
5) As we get to a higher altitude, there are chances of getting caught with AMS. So Diamox is a tablet that generally helps many to deal with it. Carrying that, along with routine tablets would be very helpful. If you’ve got traveling sickness issues, “Ondem 4mg” is a tablet that has proven to be very effective. Also, carry “Camphor”. Its something thats very effective when one feels their having issues with breathing.
The above mentioned are names of tablets that have been effective for many cases. If you use something else and find that comfortable, carry those.
6) Shawls – These will help you stay warm, especially when we are travelling in the minibus
7) A good pair of sturdy shoes. You don’t need specific trekking shoes on this trip. Just a pair of sturdy comfortable shoes will see you through. In case you tend to feel cold easily make sure to keep extra socks, these help in staying warm.
8) Carry a torch for our camping days in Pangong.
9) We are trying our bit to make the planet a better place so we do not encourage people to carry or buying plastic bottles. It will be nice if you can each get your own bottle, and we can keep filling it up wherever we stay or visit.
10) Girls, we would recommend you carry sanitary pads/tampons considering how many women have irregular period cycles during travel.
11) Get any games you want to such as playing cards, Uno cards, balls, Frisbee.
12) If anyone has a pair of speakers, please get them. Will be fun to play music in the bus and in the rooms when we are partying.
Looking forward to seeing you soon and having an epic trip together!