Glad you’re joining us for the Bhrigu Lake trek! Here are a few things you need to keep in mind (and in your bags) for the trip.
1. Covid-19 negative certificate: As mentioned before, each individual joining us for this trip will have to undergo a Covid-19 test. The negative result of the test, dated not earlier than 72 hours before the day of arrival in Chandigarh, shall have to be carried along for the trip (Digital Copy). This report has to be emailed to us on [email protected] It’s a must, and no one will be allowed to join the trip if they have not submitted the certificate.
2. Carry a Covid Preventive Kit: A personal sanitizer, face masks and gloves. Do carry a small first aid kit. I will be carrying a first aid kit myself, but it helps if you are carrying one too. It is also advisable to invest in a PPE kit if you are taking a flight. A surface disinfectant is recommended too.
The days will be pleasant but as we trek towards higher altitude the temperature will dip low, sometimes as low as 3-4 degrees late in the night.
1) Carry a back pack with rain cover (40 – 50 ltr) with comfortable shoulder straps.
2) If you want to offload your backpack then do carry a day pack (with rain cover).
3) Walking stick or trekking pole will help you a lot during the trek.
4) A water bottle is a must. make sure to carry atleast a 1 litre bottle. You can carry 2 water bottles as well.
5) Energy bars, dry fruits, electral/ors are very important and can give you that instant energy boost.
6) Trek pants – 2 Synthetic (avoid shorts, fitting denims, capris) T-shirts – 2/3 (Non-cotton) A sweater or a fleece jacket A good quality down jacket. Wear layers. It’s always better than wearing one thick jacket. Please make sure you get a couple of thermals (both lower and upper). These will serve as your innermost layers. Sweaters that will serve as the middle layer. Carry minimum 1-2 for the trip Waterproof/windproof down/fleece jackets that will serve as the outer shell to protect from cold winds.
7) Carry a raincoat or a poncho as we might get some showers during the trek.
8) Winter caps to cover your ears, and scarves to cover the neck.
9) Carry a sun cap as the sun can be harsh during the trek.
10) Make sure to carry few pairs of both cotton and woolen socks.
11) One pair of good hiking boots. You can also bring a pair of floaters in case you would want your feet to breathe after the trek.
12) A pair of waterproof gloves.
13) Chapstick, sunscreen lotion, sunglasses, Hand sanitizer, Antibacterial powder, Moisturizer, Toilet Paper & wipes, Quick dry towel, Toothbrush and toothpaste.
14) Girls, we would recommend you carry sanitary pads/tampons considering how many women have irregular period cycles during travel.
15) Get any games you want to such as playing cards, Uno cards, balls, frisbees.
16) If you have a pair of speakers, please get them. Will be fun to play music in the bus and in the rooms when we are partying.
Looking forward to seeing you soon and having an epic trip together!