As a trip leader, I see a lot of different people coming on the trips, and it’s interesting to observe similarities in people across trips!
Here’s highlighting the different types of trippers, based on how they use their cameras on trips:
1. The Selfie Lovers : This specie will stretch out their hands high and click away. With the other trippers crowding in, all you see in the picture are faces. The back ones struggle to be in in the frame. Sometimes all that they get in is a clump of hair or one ear. Some background people even try to subtly push others out of the frame, all the time maintaining that smile for the selfie. With no background whatsoever in the frame, even if clicked in Bali, the pic could appear to be from anywhere – Lajpat Nagar, Sakinaka, Nungambakkam!!!!
2. The Face Lover: There is always one person on a trip who likes to click faces. He/she tries to click these face pictures when the others aren’t watching, but a lot of times the subject has a fair idea and will show better acting skills than Nawazuddin Siddiqui and will stare elsewhere and pretend as if they didn’t know they were being clicked.
It doesn’t matter how the others responded to this photographer on the trip. After the trip, when they share the pics, everyone is in love with this person.
3. The Arty Fellas: They like to click the most random things. For eg, wrinkles on the face of an old woman; a kettle in a teashop; smoke coming out of the tea kettle; the smoke coming out of the kettle and going out of the window bars; dirt stains on windows; the eye of a frog. Matlab kya yaar, kya kar rahe ho! Itna angst kyu life mein.
As soon as they take this pic, they will don a serious expression, and while continuously looking into the camera’s view finder, they’ll make their way to you and say, “See this one“. And despite you looking at an eye of a frog, you will tell them “Good shot, bro.” And they will nod their heads and say “Next time I’ll change the aperture thoda“.
Bilkul. Next time I’ll change who I want to take on the trip.
4. The Food Porn ones: Firstly the food comes late. Upar se, these people want you to wait and not eat till they take a pic from top angle, side angle, obtuse angle, saare angle.
5. The Ones who only click pics of the girls: There is always one guy who will only click the girls. He will ask her to pose, and when she obliges, it does not matter what the rest of the guys do. We might be doing a handstand on one finger for 73 straight seconds, we could be standing on a burning flame, we might collect as a bunch and yell “Bro, at least ek photo toh hamari bhi lele“, but he won’t notice. After clicking her, he will go and tell her “See, you can make this your profile picture” while we will collapse or grow old and die.
6. The Feet Fetish: There is another category of people (mostly girls) who for some reason are obsessed with getting their footwear in the way of scenery. So they will sit on a mountain edge, stretch their feet and click the background. So while you see two huge shoes or sandals in the pic, a poor snowy mountain has been completely camouflaged.
This specie has a cousin specie as well. They will stand in a circle and click a pic of all the sandals/shoes together. Matlab maar hi do mujhe ab.